Updated: March 29, 2021 12:00 p.m.
This page will be updated as additional information becomes available, and can always be found at https://www.bamsl.org/covid19.
St. Louis City (22nd Circuit Court)
St. Louis County (21st Circuit Court)
St. Charles County (11th Circuit Court)
Jefferson County (23rd Circuit Court)
Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District
Supreme Court of Missouri
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
The Court has centralized all COVID-19 related communications at https://www.moed.uscourts.gov/sites/moed/files/COVID-19-FAQ.pdf.
BAMSL cares about our members and the legal profession, and we believe in taking responsible actions to protect the health and safety of everyone we serve. We are monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on our members, employees, families, workplaces, and communities. Our actions will be based upon the changing circumstances and guidance from health officials.
3/30/2021: The BAMSL Bar Center has reopened to staff. In-person meetings at the Bar Center are being evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sections and Committees are encouraged to continue holding their meetings virtually or by telephone conference during this time.
• All visitors to the Bar Center are required to practice social distancing and wear face coverings. Business should be conducted by email, telephone, or virtual conference whenever possible.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has opened a statewide public hotline for anyone who has questions about the coronavirus, or COVID-19. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can reach the hotline at 1-877-435-8411.
- COVID-19 Guidance from U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- St. Louis City COVID-19 Information
- St. Louis County COVID-19 Information
Don't forget, the free and confidential Missouri Lawyers' Assistance Program is available to assist lawyers, their immediate family members, and Missouri law students with mental health and well-being resources. Just call 1-800-688-7859.
- To get free confidential, 24/7 support for anxiety, text "HOME" to 741741 to connect with the Crisis Text Line.
- Science-based strategies for coping with COVID anxiety, The Conversation
- Connect with BAMSL's Well-Being Committee or post in the anonymous forum.
- How do you keep down your stress levels at the office? Tips on managing stress levels from the ABA.
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Also available in Spanish.
Staying Mentally Healthy
- Keep Calm and Lawyer On, Amy Rebecca Johnson
- Managing Anxiety and Stress during the COVID-19 outbreak, CDC
- Staying Mentally Healthy During COVID-19, The Campaign to Change Direction
- Protecting Your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Outbreak, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Online and telephone support groups for individuals with mental illness, NAMI
Staying Physically Healthy
- 8 Reasons to Use Streaming for a Budget Workout, Reviews.com
Office Management, Leadership & Remote Work
- Can my boss do that? Returning to work during COVID-19, Kate Leveque and Jessica M. Scales (June 18, 2020)
- Resilience During Uncertain Times: Strategies for Supporting and Engaging Employees, Burton D. Garland, Jr.
- The Coronavirus Outbreak is a Referendum on Virtual Practice: How Quickly Can Your Law Firm Get Up to Speed?, The Missouri Bar
- Ethical considerations for Missouri lawyers during COVID-19 spread, The Bar Plan
- No one has a playbook for this, New York Times
- business preparedness, MN Bench & Bar tech/cybersecurity columnist Mark Lanterman
- USA Today and PCWorld on tech tips and products to help you work better remotely.
- What you need to know about working at home, Forbes
- Challenges and frustrations of working—and isolating—at home, Washington Post
- What companies are doing on the fly to facilitate working remotely, Chicago Tribune
- Employer actions that can help safeguard those employees who can't work remotely, CNBC
- How to communicate effectively over Slack and email, CNBC
- The Leader's Guide to Managing Covid-19 Panic, Forbes.
- 8 strategies to set up remote work during the coronavirus outbreak, Fast Company.
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19, OSHA
- Preparing your law firm for disasters, American Bar Association (ABA)
BAMSL member benefit partner Smith.ai is offering a special promotion to assist law firms during these unusual times. Use promo code SMITHCOVID19 at checkout.
- 20 additional calls on our a 20-call free trial, for a total of 40 calls free ($140 value)
- 1 free CRM integration
- Free 24/7 chatbot with free white-glove setup & installation ($150 value)
- COVID-19 Social Distancing Flier, City of St. Louis
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Also available in Spanish.
- In the Rooms
- Smart Recovery
- Author Brian Cuban's blog "The Addicted Lawyer" offers guidance and options for recovery meetings.
- Importance of seeking help for mental health and substance use disorders, Fear Not: Speaking Out to End Stigma (three minute video)
- Free, confidential 24/7 support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for oneself and others Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK