CLE: Legislative Legal Landscape: 2021 Wrap Up (Virtual)
Wed, May 26, 2021
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CT
4:00 - 4:10 p.m. - Welcome and Introductions
4:10 - 4:25 p.m. - Keynote Address - Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft
4:25 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - CLE: Legislative Legal Landscape: 2021 Wrap Up
5:00 p.m. - 5:10 p.m. - Break
5:10 p.m. - 5:55 p.m. - CLE: How will the 2021 Legislative Session Affect Your Practice (Cont'd)
5:55 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Closing Remarks
BAMSL and Missouri Lawyers Media are pleased to present Legislative Legal Landscape: How Did the 2021 Missouri Legislative Session Affect Your Practice?
The event, which is virtual, is scheduled for 4-6 p.m. on Wed., May 26. There will be a moderated panel discussion, including a question-and-answer session, wrapping up the 2021 Missouri Legislature's session and sharing how legislation will affect the practice of law.
The moderators are:
- Bob Tomaso, BAMSL President and Office Managing Partner for Husch Blackwell LLP
- Mike Brockland, Partner at SWSM Law, LLC
- Scott Lauck, Senior Reporter, Missouri Lawyers Media
The panelists are:
- Wes Rogers (D), Representative - Kansas City
- Steven Roberts (D), Senator - St. Louis
- Barbara Washington (D), Senator - Kansas City
- Louis Riggs (R), Representative - Hannibal
- John Black (R), Representative - Marshfield
Tickets are $25 for BAMSL and ACC members; $30 for non-members. This program has been approved for 2 CLE credits by the Missouri Bar.
Missouri Bar, MCLE Department
Credit has been approved with the Missouri Bar, MCLE Department for 2.00 MO MCLE credits.
Please check your registration confirmation email for the Zoom link.
It is BAMSL's policy to collect payment for events, meetings, and seminars prior to admittance to the event. If payment is not made during registration for the event then you will be required to pay upon check-in at the event. BAMSL may collect an administrative fee for registration cancellations or transfers made within seven (7) days of an event: $10 for one-hour CLE seminars, $25 for half-day CLE seminars and ticketed social and membership events, and $50 for full-day CLE seminars and conferences. Due to the cost of catering, no refunds will be given for pre-ordered meals unless BAMSL received the cancellation request at least seven (7) days prior to the event. All registration change, cancellation, and refund requests should be made in writing.
Wed, May 26, 2021
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CT
The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis ("BAMSL") hosts a variety of events and activities ("Event" or "Events") for member and non-member attendance and participation. By attending an Event all participants hereby affirm, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
- The participant acknowledges that BAMSL may take photos, video recordings, and/or audio recordings of participants throughout the Event. These photos and video recordings are for BAMSL use and may appear on the BAMSL website, newsletter, brochures, magazine, broadcasts, streaming, social media platforms, or future BAMSL promotional material. BAMSL may also share photos, video recordings, and/or audio recordings with news organizations for publication online, in print, or broadcast. By attending the Event the participant consents to usage of their likeness and/or voice in all such media without compensation. The participant acknowledges and agrees that BAMSL, and its successors and assigns, is the sole owner of all copyrights, literary rights, and similar rights to such media.
- The participant agrees to release and hold-harmless BAMSL and its agents, employees, officers, members, contractors, and vendors from and against all claims for damages and liability resulting from any claims of negligence or gross negligence for exposure to any viral or bacterial agents and the resulting illnesses therefrom, such as COVID-19, while attending the Event.
- The participant agrees that they will not attend the Event if they have a temperature of 100.4° F or above, or have exhibited any other symptoms of COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to the Event, including cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, and other symptoms as listed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.