The Minorities in the Legal Profession (MILP) Section of the Bar Association of St. Louis (BAMSL) presents "Legislation & Diverse Communities: A Roundtable Review of Criminal Justice Reform, Public Safety and Economic Development." The program, which is a private event open only to members of the legal community, is scheduled for 11 a.m. — 2 p.m. on Fri., March 8 at the Missouri Athletic Club (405 Washington Ave., St. Louis, MO 63102). The sponsors are Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard P.C. and HeplerBroom LLC.
This is a legislative roundtable bringing together Missouri lawmakers and Missouri attorneys for an interactive discussion about proposed legislation filed for the 2019 legislative session impacting diverse communities. The legislation addresses criminal justice reform, public safety and economic development.
BAMSL President John Simon, BAMSL MILP Chair Cardina Johnson, City of St. Louis Director of Public Safety Hon. Jimmie Edwards, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell and Missouri Rep. Steven Roberts will deliver opening remarks. The moderator is Bhavik R. Patel, managing partner of Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard, P.C. The roundtable panelists include:
- Missouri Rep. LaKeySha Bosley (D-St. Louis)
- Missouri Rep. Chris Carter (D-St. Louis)
- Missouri Rep. Shamed Dogan (R-Ballwin)
- Missouri Rep. Bruce Franks, Jr. (D-St. Louis)
- Missouri Rep. Alan Green (D-Florissant)
- Missouri Sen. Karla May (D-St. Louis City/County)
- Missouri Rep. Jay Mosley (D-Florissant)
- Missouri Rep. Tommie Pierson, Jr. (D-St. Louis)
- Missouri Rep. Wiley Price, Jr. (D-St. Louis)
- Missouri Rep. Raychel Proudie (D-Ferguson)
- Missouri Rep. Steven Roberts, Jr. (D-St. Louis)
- Missouri Rep. Cora Faith Walker (D-Ferguson)
- Missouri Sen. Brian Williams (D-St. Louis County)
- Missouri Rep. Kevin Windham, Jr. (D- Hillsdale)
Registration, lunch and networking is 11 — 11:50 a.m.; opening remarks are 11:50 a.m. — noon; the CLE Panel Discussions are noon — 1 p.m. and 1:10 — 2 p.m. with a break from 1 to 1:10 p.m. The CLEs and lunch are complimentary, but registration is required due to limited seating. Attendees may register at www.bamsl.org/MILPLegislativeRoundtable.
With more than 6,500 members in the St. Louis region, including attorneys, judges, paralegals and law firm administrators, The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL) is the oldest and most respected voluntary bar association in the area. Please visit BAMSL’s newly designed Web site at www.bamsl.org.
FOR MEDIA USE ONLY:
This event is only open to members of the legal community. However, members of the media are welcome to attend and cover the event. For more information and interview opportunities, please contact Susan Sagarra, BAMSL Assistant Executive Director, Membership and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 421-4134.