The Saint Louis Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL), has announced it will provide grant funding to organizations that advance or promote the rule of law. The Foundation will consider grant applications until March 31, 2021, for up to $5,000 for innovative projects that address needs in the metropolitan St. Louis region.
The Foundation will consider grant applications for projects or programs within at least one of the following categories:
- The advancement of the philosophy of law.
- The promotion and/or improvement of the administration of justice.
- The promotion and/or maintenance of high standards for the judiciary and lawyers.
- The promotion of the public's awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the rule of law, the practice of law, the court system, and individuals' rights and responsibilities under the law.
- The promotion of diversity and inclusion.
Grants will not be awarded to individuals or "for-profit" entities; for religious purposes; for endowment campaigns; for use in carrying out any propaganda or political activity, directly or indirectly, or in attempting to influence legislation, directory or indirectly; or for retroactive projects or costs already incurred.
Charitable undertakings within our community, such as the Foundation's grant program, are a core part of the Foundation's mission," said Jennifer Schwendemann, president of the Saint Louis Bar Foundation. "It is the Board's hope that any community group that receives a grant from the St. Louis Bar Foundation will carry the message about the importance of the rule of law to all who benefit from the grant."
Deadline for submitting a grant application is March 31, 2021. The awardees will be notified by May 1, 2021, and the funds will be distributed by June 1, 2021. Grantees will be required to submit a report outlining use of grant funds, objectives met, and activities completed by June 1, 2022 as a condition of receiving a grant.
For more detailed information, to download the application and how to submit, visit www.StLouisBarFoundation.org.