Amy Rebecca Johnson
Principal, Paule, Camazine & Blumenthal, P.C.
We wait for the new year to appear to us like the hopeful sun bringing aspiring light to an eager world.
— Munia Khan
The changing of the calendar from one year to the next has always been symbolic and a time to reflect and make changes. This year, as we say goodbye to the strange world 2020 brought us, perhaps even more so. Maybe you reflected on the end of 2020 in ways that you have never reflected before.
Maybe the typical resolution setting seems less significant this year and you've sworn it off or paid less attention to it.
But what about a wish instead?
A wish is an eternal hope and dream. At the time we make a wish, time stands still, and nothing exists but that light of a wish created.
Wishing might seem childish to some; just something that you do before you blow out birthday candles or when see a shooting star. But in reality, so long as you don't forget about that wish right after you make it, wishes create motivation for the future. The wish itself allows you to realize something that is important to you and allow you to first figure out how to make that wish come true.
Easy ways to make your wish your reality:
- Make your wish as specific as possible. Write it down.
- Determine what is required to make it come true. Write it down.
- Create a realistic plan of actions necessary to complete the requirements to make your wish come true. Write it down.
- Visualize yourself completing the actions for your wish to come true. Repeat as needed.
- Don't get discouraged! Stick with your plans and tweak them if necessary.
- Believe in yourself to accomplish the steps to make your wish a reality.
Allow yourself the time to wish. By wishing, planning your wish, and taking actions to bring it to life, you are being equally present in the current moment while plotting for the future.