Sponsored by BAMSL's Taxation Section
2.3 Missouri MCLE Hours
Topics will include:
Attendees will receive more than 150 pages of materials and the opportunity to receive over 580 pages of free materials on business structuring.
- Relief the IRS issued fall 2013
- Planning to prevent the 3.8% tax on net investment income from applying
- Tax disadvantages of S corporations, where they fit into an ideal business structure, and how to move toward that structure
- Steps an owner should take after an asset sale to protect from past business liabilities
- Estate planning for owners, including the need to issue nonvoting stock, drafting flexible trusts, and creative estate planning techniques unique to S corporations
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Seminar|
|4:00 - 4:05 p.m.||Break|
|4:05 - 5:00 p.m.||Seminar|
Steven B. Gorin — Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP
Steven concentrates his practice in estate planning and in structuring privately held businesses. He builds estate plans for individuals, keeping in mind their financial security and desire to save income and estate tax. His practice structuring businesses helps owners plan for the eventual sale (to co-owners, employees, or third parties) or transfer (to family members), providing a legal framework for an orderly transition while strategically saving income, transfer, and FICA taxes. He practiced accounting for 8 years and continues to maintain his CPA license. He was a partner in a small CPA firm, helping individuals and businesses with income tax planning, tax return preparation, and financial planning. When Steve structures businesses, he seeks to reduce family or business conflict and save estate tax. — View Steven's resume.
Any materials related to this live webcast will be sent via e-mail prior to the event. Please include your e-mail address when registering for this event. BAMSL members, please make sure your profile contains an up-to-date e-mail address.
Instructions for joining this live webcast will be sent via e-mail prior to the event. Please include your e-mail address when registering for this event. BAMSL members, please make sure your profile contains an up-to-date e-mail address.